I imagine most established nonprofit organizations have systems and dedicated staff to monitor the organization’s fiances. I imagine there are reviews to determine if the organization is over or under budget as it pertains to spending and revenue.
Is there the same amount of attention given to program data. Here are 5 thoughts about program data management.
1. Is there a review to determine if the organization is collecting the right data?
2. Is there a data agenda? (What would we like to collect and how. )
3. Is there a more streamlined way to collect program data?
4. Is there an audit schedule to fight against garbage in garbage out.
5. Is there a mechanism to process the data to clean up the garbage.